Submit a project idea for this year’s Green Ambassadors Institute. Applications are due December 10, 2017.
Join a cohort of like-minded educators and receive support in visioning, planning, implementing and sharing an environmental action project with your students and community. Accepted applicants will receive a $300 minigrant for project supplies and personalized coaching to help you implement your project. Need ideas? See last year’s projects here.
We at Environmental Charter Schools (ECS) believe in the interconnectivity of social and environmental justice, and of youth and adults working together for a new vision of sustainability. Our Green Ambassadors program works to connect young people and educators to the nature and resources that thrive within our own city through the lenses of water, food, energy and waste.
We hope to increase our impact by supporting educators and community leaders in facilitating youth-led environmental service learning projects.
We invite you to submit a project idea that connects to the theme of Policy for the People, in which you will work with young people to address an environmental issue in your community. Proposals are reviewed by a team of teachers, administrators and students. Accepted proposals will receive:
- $300 minigrant for project supplies
- Personalized coaching from the Green Ambassadors Institute team and cohort members
- Unique resources and connections to community partners to help your project come alive
- Transportation for your students to the final showcase on Saturday, May 12
- A copy of the full Green Ambassadors curriculum
- Sub coverage for GAI summits and cohort work days
- Assessment of student outcomes developed by UCLA Institute of the Environment & Sustainability
- Certificate of completion
We are looking for projects that:
- Center youth leadership
- Incorporate policy change at the school, district, city or statewide level
- Are based on Southern California, or can travel to Los Angeles for the final showcase
Accepted applicants will be asked to:
- Watch keynote sessions from kickoff event on Nov 21 (videos will be posted at www.greenambassadors.org/policy)
- Participate in virtual and in-person meetings with the cohort
- Give and receive feedback on the projects from the cohort
- Be available to present (ideally with students) on Saturday, May 12, 2018